Monday, September 26, 2011

To hell with Berlusconi and politics.

I'm leaving the U.S. for a few months. To live in Sardinia. With my Italian true love. That means I'm likely to be in a very good mood. I'm always in a good mood. But now I'll be in a very good mood. I do get a little tired of living in the U.S. Because of the political climate. It's annoying. And there's not much I can do about it. But in Italy, I'll be somewhat sheltered from the happenings in the U.S. It'll be easier to ignore what's going on back in the states. Of course, Italy has sort of an unstable political climate, too. But in a different way than the U.S. The prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, is a buffoon. And I'm able to laugh at him. Because I'm an American. I know that he isn't my prime minister. That helps. My true love loathes Berlusconi. Maybe even more than I loathe Republicans. I encourage her to see Berlusconi's funny side. But she ain't laughing. I tell her that I laugh at Republicans. Because that's better than crying. Anyway, I'll push my true love to ignore Berlusconi's antics. And I'll take her by the hand. And we'll amble down a Mediterranean beach. And watch the sunset. Knowing full well that we are in Paradise. And to hell with Berlusconi and politics. --Jim Broede

No comments: