Friday, November 25, 2011

Ain't fair, is it?

People sometimes tell me that I'm being unfair. And I reply, that may be true. I'm not always fair. Maybe because I don't feel like being fair. I may cheat. Fact of the matter is that we're all unfair. At least occasionally. And some of us are grossly unfair. Almost all of the time. I may be unfair to Republicans, and other people that I dislike. I may even be unfair to my Italian true love. More likely in an unintentional manner rather than intentional. Seems to me that unfairness is a condition of life. Nobody gets treated fairly all of the time. That especially goes in my blog. I take advantage of people. Often enough. That's unfair. But hey, there also are plenty of people that take advantage of me. Even my true love does it. And often, I don't mind. I want her to. Anyway, it's an unfair world we live in. Think of all of the injustices. That we perpetrate on each other. Maybe that motivates some of my own unfairness. If I'm in a fight with someone, and he resorts to unfair tactics, what am I supposed to do? Turn the other cheek? Maybe I will. For a time or two. But eventually I'm inclined to hit back. Maybe in an unfair manner. I may even kick him in the groin rather than slap him in the face. And then I'll even have the gall to proclaim that I'm fighting fairly. Ain't fair, is it? --Jim Broede

No comments: