Friday, November 25, 2011

An Italian accent to her meow.

I've adopted a cat in Sardinia. More or less. She's an orange cat. Spends lots of time atop a 3-foot high wall on Via Trieste in the city of Carbonia. Where I'm living at the moment. I see the cat often on my daily walks about town. She's docile. Very approachable. Strictly an outdoor cat. She could use a good brushing. Not sure about her age. If I had a say about it, I'd bring her home. But she may belong to someone. Or maybe she's a neighborhood cat. There seems to be neighborhood dogs and cats around. They don't belong to anyone in particular. But the neighborhood takes care of 'em. With food. And kindly attention. Indeed, a nice gesture. Says something wonderful about Sardinians and Italians. I'm unaware of any animal shelters in Carbonia. Meanwhile, when I see the orange cat, I give her my undivided tender loving attention. She likes her tummy rubbed and scratched. And a neck massage, too. And she speaks to me. She has a distinctive Italian accent to her meow. --Jim Broede

No comments: