Wednesday, November 23, 2011

As if floating on a cloud.

I'm mastering the art of exercise. To the point of almost falling asleep while my body is in motion. Actually, I'm in a trance. While pedaling my stationary bicycle at speeds of up to 20 miles an hour. I close my eyes. And pedal away. Into mock sleep. Very close to total relaxation. Of course, I wouldn't do this when on a real bicycle on the open road. But I still get into a state of euphoria. From exercise. In the great outdoors. Walking. Jogging. Bicycling. And I'm able to imagine myself exercising in euphoria while sitting on a park bench. A hypnotic state. My true love abhors waking up at night. She'd rather sleep uninterrupted. But a degree of wakefulness can be good, too. Sort of a semi-sleep. Dream-like. With a feeling of peace and tranquility. As if floating on a cloud. In Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: