Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm the curious sort.

I am what I am. A bit inconsiderate. In that I don't always consider other people's moods. And cater to them. Instead, I'm happy when other people don't want me to be happy. Or I may be serious or funny or belligerent at inopportune or inappropriate times. When people wish I were different. But then, these same people may not cater to my whims and wishes. Which is all right. I don't expect them to. But they often expect me to. I make exceptions, though. Especially for my true love. I try to serve her needs. And adjust to her moods. At least most of the time. As for others, I won't necessarily bend over backwards to be accommodating. Just depends. Often on my own mood. I'm not all that reluctant to offend people. Especially people I don't like. Such as idiot Republicans. I can take some Republicans. But not the idiots. Sometimes, I have difficulty gauging one's mood. So even if I wanted to be empathetic, I may not be. Out of ignorance. I feel my way. And I may change my approach in midstream. Just depends. I'm far more respectful of respectful people. Yes, I often treat people the way they treat me. Without even thinking twice about it. Comes automatically. My friends generally think I'm considerate. And I suppose I am. To friends. But I'm really friendly to strangers, too. Because I'm the curious sort. I wanna know more about 'em. --Jim Broede

No comments: