Sunday, December 25, 2011

I'd still be in love on the moon.

It's Christmas Day. Don't know if it feels like any special day. Maybe just like Nov. 25 or Oct. 25. Come to think of it, Oct. 25 is special. More so than Christmas. Because it was on that day four years ago that I made first contact with my Italian true love. And now here I am. In Sardinia. On Christmas Day. Living with my true love. So, I suppose that's what makes Christmas special. I'm with my true love. I was with her last Christmas, too. So this is two in a row. I'm going for three next year. And maybe a long string of Christmases with my one and only true love. Maybe that's what Christmas is all about. Love. A time to love. Everything. About life. In that sense, Christmas should be celebrated every day. Because seems to me love makes the world go round. And I like the fact that Mother Earth keeps spinning. Round and round. Otherwise, it might fall out of orbit. I don't know that for a fact. Seems to me the moon doesn't spin. Which means we never see one side of the moon. But the moon still stays in orbit. Suspect I'd still be in love if I were on the moon. Especially if my true love was with me. And we resided inside a cocoon. With living, breathing air. --Jim Broede

No comments: