Sunday, December 25, 2011

No reason to keep secrets.

I like privacy. My own privacy. But then, I'm curious. About other people. So I find myself invading their privacy. By inquiring. About this and that. Hard for me to draw the line. Especially if I have the urge to satisfy my curiosity. Anyway, I've discovered that my inquiries are far more often well-received rather than rebuffed. I find myself surrendering my own privacy. Willingly. Because it's fair to reciprocate. To volunteer private information in order to obtain private information. I do it with total strangers. Often within the first few minutes of meeting them. Tells me whether it's worth knowing 'em. Usually, I like people who are forthcoming. People who reveal themselves early. Willing to take risks. Even with strangers. Fact is, I have nothing to hide. I more or less go naked into the world. As a romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thuinker. A political liberal. A lover. Especially, a lover of life. No reason to keep it secret. Even to strangers. --Jim Broede

No comments: