Thursday, January 19, 2012

The blessed spirits.

Today is the first day of my sixth year without dear, sweet precious Jeanne. She died five years ago last night. After a 13-year bout with Alzheimer's. I think nostalgically about our 38 years together. It was a good time. But seldom have I ever had anything but good times. Before and after Jeanne. During Jeanne. Life is good. Even when bad things happen. Such as the loss by death of a true love. I opened this piece with an error of fact. That I am without Jeanne. But that's not true. Because Jeanne's spirit still lives. And I always have access to the spirits. Maybe that's what makes life so fulfilling. So worthwhile. Everybody that I have known and passed away still lives. In spirit form. I can talk to 'em. Any time. Just as easily as talking to god almighty himself. I can even write to the spirits. There's no limit. And I can hear back. By merely listening. By tuning in. That's the nature of life. Used to be that I didn't recognize the true nature. But now I do. I discovered the spiritual dimension years and years ago. And that is what brought me true happiness. And love. The blessed spirits. --Jim Broede

No comments: