Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm very adaptable.

Spent part of the day. At the beach. On the Mediterranean Sea. A wonderful day. Sunny. A little cool in the shade. But comfortably warm in the sun. Hardly any breeze. Just enough to make for a gentle surf. I found a nice spot. On a flat rock. In the sun. I'm prone. The back of my head cushioned. By a folded headband. I covered my face. With my black Sardinian wool cap. Closed my eyes. And listened to the surf. Soothing sound. Tranquil. My Italian true love is with me. She got the day off. Unexpectedly. So she suggested a romp to the beach. No protest from me. I could live on any Sardinia beach. Year-round. Even in the middle of winter. Like today. Reminded me of the north shore of Lake Superior. In mid-summer. Comfortable. Comfortable. Comfortable. In listening to the surf, I turned my ears into eyes. I coud see the surf. With my ears. Maybe some day, I'll try to turn my eyes into ears. I'm very adaptable. --Jim Broede

No comments: