Thursday, January 5, 2012

I am what I am. And I accept it.

I instinctively do what's good. For me. The way I eat. The way I exercise. The way I love. Some people tell me that I'm doing it all wrong. That I could eat better, exercise better, love better. But I know better. I'm my own man. I know what's good. For me. Because I know me. Others don't. At least not as fully as I know me. I'm doing the healthy and beneficial things. In my selection of food. In my daily and often extended and vigorous workouts. And in the pursuit of my Italian true love. Which is tantamount to the pursuit of happiness. I scoff at people who suggest that my diet tends to be unhealthy. That it has too much fat or too much carbohydrates or too much protein. Actually, I have a nice blend of all three. And the nice thing is that I ain't overweight. I'm svelte. And some of my harshest food critics are overweight. So, there. The important thing is to not be overweight. As for exercise, some couch potatoes think I'm addicted. That I overdo it. But really, I exercise because it feels good. Relaxes me. If I became sedentary, I'd soon be dead. I've gotta keep moving. Keep flexing my muscle. Then there's the allegation that I'm crazy. Crazy in love. That I should be more restrained. But I can't help it. I'm a natural born romantic idealist. That's what I am. And I accept it. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Holyriver said...

Very nice blog.
Happy new year from Italy.