Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The meaning of grand & glorious.

My Italian true love often calls my attention to sunsets in Sardinia. She thinks of them as grand and glorious. But seems to me most of 'em are rather ordinary. Not spectacular like the ones I often see in Minnesota. Makes me wonder. If one has to go north to see a grand and glorious sunset. The sunsets in Sardinia lack vivid colors. Sardinia has grand and glorious cloud formations. Almost always. Even at sunset time. But relatively ordinary sunsets. This may hurt the feelings of my true love. But she's gonna have to face up to the facts. I've seen much better/beautiful sunsets in Minnesota. And she knows it. She's been there. And I'll prove it to her time and again. If she comes to Minnesota this summer. The words grand and glorious will take on new meaning. I guarantee it. --Jim Broede

No comments: