Friday, February 3, 2012

Makes me happy. Makes me me.

I don't want anyone to be like me. Otherwise, I wouldn't be unique. I want to be one of a kind. So it's unnecessary to follow me. To do as I do. Be different. Be your own self. That's what I tell people. Even if that means I might not like you. Fact is, I don't like everybody. Never will. Some I like. Some I don't. Call me indifferent about most people. Because I don't know 'em. And never will. It's impossible to know everyone. Even though I cultivate strangers. I'm curious. Can't help it. I come up to strangers. And start a conversation. Or at least try to. That turns off some strangers. But turns on others. My kind of people. People know almost right away -- that I'm different. That's good. Because it's what I want them to know. A sign of good communication. Something that the world lacks. Good communication. Maybe we are too shy or too scared to open up. Especially to strangers. But I manage to overcome my inherent shyness. And I'm seldom afraid of anybody. It's against my nature to be scared. Because I'm in love. With life. Makes me happy. And trusting. Makes me me. --Jim Broede

No comments: