Monday, February 27, 2012

'My gawd, I've created something.'

I take good advantage of situations. For instance, when I'm separated from my Italian true love. When she's in Sardinia. And I'm in Minnesota. Which is the case at the moment. Some days, we tend to talk to each other more when there's geographic separation. Because we connect daily. On Skype, by audio/video. On our computers. We are face to face. And we talk. We take the time. Maybe more than we'd talk if we were physically together. Isn't that strange? I was just thinking about that tonight. And here I am sitting at the computer. Writing a love letter. I think of things to talk about. And I can write about 'em. Without interruption. And in the morning, my true love can ponder the words. Or go back to them later. When she has the time. And the desire. Nice. Nice. Nice. Often, it seems to me, she's more receptive to the written word than to the spoken word. Easier to listen to and grasp. One can read it over and over again. Catch the true meaning. Harder to do that with the spoken word. Because one doesn't see the words. Only hears 'em. The words are more elusive. Or there's an interruption. A distraction. Yes, the spoken word has advantages, too. Easier to catch the inflection of the voice. But still, I'm an advocate of the written word. Like it better than the spoken word. I've always been in love with the written word. I use it. Every day. And I tell myself, 'My gawd, I've created something.' --Jim Broede

No comments: