Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On how to treat a scumbag.

I like dialogues. Talking to people. Exchanging thoughts. But some people don't wanna talk. And listen, too. Maybe that's one of the problems we've got. Especially in the realm of politics. No more dialogue. Only one-way communication. Much of it ranting. I've almost given up trying to talk to Republicans. They don't want true give and take. Instead, they wanna take. Take, take, take everything. No room for compromise. They think of themselves as standing for high and mighty principle. They want all, or nothing. So, I say, give them nothing. Sure, I was once willing to give something. But hey, I deserve a return, too. A concession. A gift. A little personal honesty. Respect. But I don't get that from rabid Republicans. So I stick it to 'em. Just the way they'd try to stick it to me. But I'm not gonna let 'em. I've learned to treat an uncompromising scumbag like a scumbag. --Jim Broede

No comments: