Friday, March 16, 2012

More than anything, I'm a dreamer.

American-style capitalism. Seems to me that some day, the world will look upon American-style capitalism as immoral. Just takes time for it to sink in. That it ain't right. That it's downright corrupting. Unfair. Because it promotes a relatively few getting rich. At the expense of the many. Encourages a wide gap between the rich and the poor. Survival of the richest. Capitalists, of course, keep arguing that everybody has the opportunity to get rich, monetarily speaking. But there are other ways of getting rich. By shunning monetary wealth. That guy Jesus. Didn't he say something about it? About a rich hombre's chances of getting into Nirvana or Valhalla. About the same odds as a camel passing through the eye of a needle. Millionaires and billionaires seem to ignore that. They think it's possible to buy one's way into Paradise. Maybe they know more than Jesus. I'm not sure that I do. I ain't a Christian. And I doubt that Jesus would be a Christian today. In the modern-day sense. Maybe that's why I choose not to be a Christian. Or for that matter, choose to avoid any form of organized religion. I'm a free-thinker. A freelance monotheist. I'm my own man. Think of myself as a romantic idealist. A liberal. A lover. A dreamer. Yes, I dream of the day when capitalism is scrapped. No longer a viable economic system. Won't happen in my physical lifetime. But hey, maybe it's a possibility in a spiritual paradise. In a place where there's no moola. Where the spiritual life prevails. Goes to show that maybe more than anything else, I'm a dreamer. --Jim Broede

No comments: