Monday, April 9, 2012

My kind of people.

I have a neighbor several houses up the road. And they occasionally invite me to dinner. On Christmas, for instance. Because they know I'm alone. But also, because we like each other. We connect. Politically. Socially. We're liberals in a mostly conservative Republican neighborhood. They happen to be busy, busy neighbors. Very much on the go. Because they have a business. Their own business. They work at it together. At the same time, they have brought her parents to live with them. Because they are in their 80s, and plagued by dementia. Might even be Alzheimer's in the case of the mother. Believe me, these people are spread thin. Incredibly so. Reminds me a lot of Italian families. That find time for each other. Though he's of French Canadian heritage. Anyway, they're nice people. My kind. --Jim Broede

No comments: