Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My true love makes my day.

I have an addiction. To loveliness. I need a daily dose of it. Yes, to a vision of loveliness. That's what I call it. When I hook-up to my Italian true love. On Skype. An audio/video connection. On the Internet. I get to see my beautiful and lovely true love. In living color. When we are separated. I, in Minnesota. She, in Sardinia/Italy. A distance of 5,000 miles. Sometimes, we connect several times a day. But I insist on at least once a day. Though occasionally we miss. For one reason or another. And that's when I know that I'm addicted. Hooked. I really need a daily dose, a daily vision of loveliness. Yes, I need the vision even more than food. And more than my Chicago Cubs. I need to see my true love. In order to feel that I've had a fulfilling day. Of course, it's pleasure like this that helps qualify me as a romantic idealist. Yes, my true love makes my day. --Jim Broede

No comments: