Saturday, April 21, 2012

On falling in love with life.

People are too easily offended. By insults. And by idiots. Seems to me that's one of my strengths. I'm able to take insults and idiots in stride. Doesn't bother me. At least, not for long. Because I tend to put life in perspective. I recognize that the world is full of idiots. That includes me. Yes, all people are capable of being idiots. I can't go through a day without bouts of idiocy. Which I don't mind. Because it adds humor to my life. When I regain my composure, my ability to think and reason, I become an observer. Of idiots. Nothing is more entertaining than that. Anyway, I'm able to recognize my idiocy. Almost always happens when I stop thinking. When I begin living life on automatic pilot. Used to be that I didn't want to think. In my younger days. Because it was tiring. And I was lazy. But then I became invigorated. By thought. And I had no desire to shut it off. In fact, I relished thinking. Day and night. Every day. And one of my first conclusions was that I shouldn't be offended. Or disappointed. By insults. Or by idiots. Instead, I should fall in love with life. --Jim Broede

No comments: