Saturday, April 21, 2012

To think. And to savor it all.

I like to think. Especially when I'm alone. Because that's an ideal opportunity for me. To listen to myself. Yes, to collect my thoughts. If I'm with people, it's very important to listen. To others. Which I do. Though I also tell others what's on my mind. Because I'm opinionated. Anyway, I've taken to recording my thoughts. In this blog, for instance. But also in emails. To friends. Acquaintances. Even strangers. Sometimes, I don't know what I think. About lots of subjects. That is, until I start thinking. And start asking questions. And if I don't have immediate answers, I think some more. Maybe for a long, long time. And I begin my research. My probe. I like to seek answers to everything. Even temporary answers. Based on inconclusive information. Which, I've discovered, is the way of the world. Many people don't know what they are talking about. Republicans, for instance. The ultra conservative ones. I'm convinced they've stopped thinking. They've become zombies. The living dead. That doesn't scare me. Only disappoints me. Temporarily. I've learned to accept a world. In which zombies are trying to rule. Actually, that presents a challenge. To thinkers. Like me. Makes me aware that I am blessed. Because I'm thinking, thinking, thinking. About how to make the most of life. By living. And loving. Embracing my consciousness. My ability to think. To reason. And to savor it all. --Jim Broede

No comments: