Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bad love and good love.

I revere my parents. For having brought me into the world. But I don't want to be like my parents. Or exactly like anyone. I'd rather be me. My own self. My own being. I've learned lessons from my parents. And others. Even from people that are no longer living. I keep feeling my way. Evolving. Acquiring my own consciousness. Shaping my own soul. In that sense, I'm an individual. Unique. But still, I have a yearning to sacrifice myself. To work for the common good. To not accumulate an excess of material goods. Though I probably possess more things than I should. Guess it's that I wanna feel good. And happy. Yes, that's it. I'm in the pursuit of happiness. And I'm discovering that happiness is linked to love. I have to love. In so very many, many ways. Limitless ways. That's the purpose of life. I suppose one could love money, too. But I'm not sure if that's a good kind of love. I'm wondering if there's bad love and good love. --Jim Broede

No comments: