Thursday, May 17, 2012

Everything tends to be boundless.

I let my friends be themselves. In fact, I encourage it. I have absolutely no desire to change my friends. That's why they are friends. I accept them. More or less unconditionally. But I don't require that they accept me. Because I believe in free choice. In letting people be themselves. Even if they aren't my friends. I find that I can occasionally annoy a friend or two. But that's no surprise. I'm capable of being an annoying sort of guy. It's my nature. But still, I'm likeable. Easy-going. Though I can act angry. When I'm really not. But faked anger can be good for effect. Especially when it's in a straight-faced, humorous vein. Goes to show that I like the complexities of life. Some of my best friends are complex. And unpredictable. Full of surprises. I like that. Usually, that's a sign that they are evolving. Another thing. My friends don't have to be human. My cat, Loverboy, for instance. He's one of my best friends. And he's just a cat. But a very special cat. He lives with me. And we talk. Daily. He's a truly intimate friend. I've had dogs as friends. But Loverboy is closer to me than any of my past dog friends. Maybe it's because he's with me now. I grieved when I lost some of my dog friends. But I'm over that. Which is a good thing. Because it's important to get on with life. Thing is, I've learned that I have more friends than I ever imagined. All kinds of 'em. That's the way it is. When one is in love. With life. Everything tends to be boundless. --Jim Broede

No comments: