Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm tuned in.

I'm a writer. And I enjoy writing. Really do. That's important. Makes me happy. Doing what I wanna do. But I know so very many people that hate their jobs. Their occupations. The way they make their livings. And that's sad. I'm retired. But I never gave up writing. Because it's fun. Pleasure. Not work. I write more since I retired. But I write what I want to write. Without having to cater to an editor. Gives me a sense of freedom. I don't necessarily write to please other people. Instead, I'm trying to please me. If I happen to please other people -- well, then that's a bonus. But it's not a requirement. When I write, it's a little bit like talking to myself. Which is all right. Because I'm a good listener. Capable of carrying on a highly intelligent conversation. With myself. I'm tuned in. --Jim Broede

No comments: