Thursday, June 14, 2012

An amazing degree of flexibility.

I like people. But in different ways. Which seems logical. Because no two people are exactly alike. Not even identical twins. Everyone is different. Unique. Yes, I'm guilty of grouping some people. Conservative Republicans, for instance. But I gotta admit that when looking up close, in minute detail, everyone of 'em is different. Which is a good thing. In that sense, there's lots of diversity in the world. I love to search for what makes an individual different. And usually, that's what I like. Especially since I operate under the premise that everyone has at least an ounce of good. Even Adolph Hitler. And the same goes for the world's other despised characters. Indeed, they are characters. Worthy of study. Psychoanalysis. Maybe that makes some of my neighbors and other acquaintances and friends a little nervous. Because I tend to psychoanalyze 'em all. The good and the bad. Maybe that's wrong. An invasion of privacy. But makes for better understanding. And provocative thought. Which I deem a good thing. They're all characters in the grand scheme. With varying degrees of influence on my life. Each with different roles. Minor and major. I'm allowed to choose. Because it's my life. My story. I fit them into my life. With an amazing (and fair-minded) degree of flexibility. --Jim Broede

No comments: