Saturday, June 9, 2012

Connected.

My cat Loverboy and I stimulate each other. In that we pay heed. We are very much aware. Of our movements. Our thoughts. I know that seems a little odd. A cat and a being such as me communicating with each other. Rather extensively. Every day. But hey, that should be natural. Because we live in the same house. Together. My other cat, Chenuska, isn't like Loverboy. We don't communicate and mix to the same degree. That's just the way it is. Maybe it's that Loverboy and I speak the same language. Could be that Loverboy thinks of himself as my equal. Another real person. Could be that I think of myself as a cat. That maybe I evolved from a cat. And not an ape. All I know is that Loverboy and I can look into each other's eyes. And automatically know what's on each other's mind. Yes, there's a real link between the animal and human world. Loverboy and I are very much the same. Connected. --Jim Broede

No comments: