Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting on equal footing with god.

I wonder how true believers define god. I suspect they can't. Because god is undefinable. My guess is that god ain't physical. Maybe not even a spirit. Not a he or a she. And beyond human comprehension. That makes it relatively easy believing in god. Because one doesn't really have a concrete idea about what god is. Believing in god is believing in an abstract beyond human comprehension. Of course, I believe in abstracts. That's part of my nature. My essence. My being. For instance, I have no doubt that there's teeming life elsewhere in the cosmos. In other dimensions. Yes, beyond my comprehension as a human. I wanna believe, too, in no limit to human evolution. Some day, humans may even evolve into an intelligent form of life. Yes, I know that some humans already believe that we are intelligent. But that's an illusion. It ain't so. We're a pretty stupid lot. Until we get on equal footing with god. And believe me, that's gonna take forever. --Jim Broede

No comments: