Monday, September 10, 2012

Knowing that life is good.

Maybe I won't flee to Italy/Sardinia until November. After the election. Because living in Minnesota ain't so bad in September and October. Often, the two nicest months of the year. What with the autumn colors. And the nifty weather. Often a long spell of Indian summer. Besides, I wanna be sure that I vote for Barack Obama -- and against everyone of the Republicans on the ballot. Sure, I could do it by absentee ballot. But I like the idea of going directly to the polls on election day. Of course, my vote won't count in the grand scheme of things. But still, I like to go through the motions. Reminding myself that I did my infinitismal part. And if Obama wins, I'll be able to lean back in my airline seat. Knowing that life is reasonably good. Back home. Even on the American political scene. --Jim Broede

No comments: