Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm fully immersed in today.

A friend asked me if I'm looking forward to moving to Sardinia for the next five or six months. Where I'll be living with my Italian true love. And I thought about it. And decided that I'm too busy being in love with today (now) than focusing much attention on tomorrow or next month or next year. Instead, I'm trying to make the most of the present. Rather than getting lost in the future. Yes, I'm savoring life one day at a time. Moment to moment. I don't make too much effort getting ahead of myself. Because then I tend to lose track of today. My daily goal: To be aware that I'm an alive and conscious being. In love. With life. I ponder that thought. Daily. As for my Italian true love, I love her dearly. Whether I'm with her in Sardinia, or if we are separated by an ocean and thousands of miles. Makes me appreciate modern technology. Which means we are connected 365 days a year. By audio-video. On Skype. Makes for wonderful communication. I'm the master of the written word, too, in form of love letters. Anyway, it all means looking forward to tomorrow isn't a requirement. Because I'm fully immersed in today. --Jim Broede

No comments: