Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The best cheaters usually win.

Politics is a game. A sporting event. With winners and losers. And politics is to be covered. Like a baseball or football game. Political parties even have mascots. Like most sporting teams. The leading teams in the American political realm are the Republican Elephants and the Democrat Donkeys. Early in my professional writing career, I was a sportswriter. For newspapers. And eventually, I switched my speciality. To covering politics. But really, it wasn't that much of a change. Felt like I was still writing about sports -- the dirty sport of politics. The one sport in which cheating is allowed. Actually, encouraged. The best cheaters are usually the winners. They go on to the Super Bowl of politics. In Washington. --Jim Broede

No comments: