Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Love - It's so very stimulating.

I’m never bored with life. Always, something turns me on. I could be on a desert island, with nobody around, and I’d still find a way to be stimulated. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally. I’d probably have to turn within. Dig deeply inside myself. Of course, it would be helpful to have pencil and paper. To record my thoughts. Nice to have books to read, too.  Survival would be important. I’d not want to forage for my food. I’d like some basic supplies. But I wouldn’t necessarily need company to keep my mind in peak form. It would help. But not be essential. My Italian true love is a teacher. Of English and English literature. She has bored students. I find that fascinating. Why students allow themselves to be bored.  Maybe it’s that they just seem bored. The stuff in the classroom isn’t turning ‘em on. But still, I’d find it hard not to gravitate to something stimulating. I’d find it necessary to get turned out. Because if I didn’t, it’d be a waste of life. Some how, some way, I’ve managed to fall in love. With life.  I want to live forever. In love. It’s so very stimulating. –Jim Broede

No comments: