Thursday, November 22, 2012

On unconditional acceptance.

In my life, I had people who found fault in me. Which is all right. But some of ‘em are chronic fault-finders. That’s their nature.  Maybe that was my mother. To some degree.  But then, she also found fault in herself. That seems fair. Fault-finding should be applied to everyone.  Including one’s self.  The nicest thing of all is to learn to accept faults. In others. In self, too. For one thing, I don’t wanna be perfect. So I shouldn’t expect others to be perfect. Guess I came around to this sort of thinking when I first fell in love.  Truly in love. I began to learn acceptance. To accept someone unconditionally.  That’s a hard thing to do.  Fact is, maybe there’s no such thing as unconditional. It’s only an illusion. –Jim Broede  

No comments: