Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Exercising. Reasonably. Adeptly.

I’m a strange one. In that when tired, I tend to exercise. Physically.  That makes me seem less tired.  Maybe because exercise relaxes me. Gets the blood flowing, too. Wakes me up.  Sometimes, I have no right to be tired. I have adequate sleep. Then there’s the idea. That the body was meant to be used. To move about. Why else would we have arms and legs?  Some people think I’m nuts. For walking 10 miles or bicycling for 30 miles. Day after day.  I do it. Primarily because it makes me feel good.  I would have loved to be a professional athlete. Maybe a baseball player. But I lacked the skills. The coordination.  Gracefulness. Proper rhythm. I’m a lousy dancer. But still, I know how to walk. And to pedal a bicycle. Probably takes more stamina than athletic skill. Even a clumsy oaf can find ways to exercise. Reasonably. Adeptly. –Jim Broede

No comments: