Friday, December 28, 2012

Making all things possible.

I’d like to return from the dead. In 2,000 years. Just to see how the world has evolved. Hard for me to even imagine the changes. I’d be overwhelmed. Just as much as I’d be if I had died at the time the Roman Empire was flourishing. And then came back today.  Not sure I’d be impressed by all the change. I may even prefer returning to ancient times. Might be easier to adjust to the slower-paced life. Less complicated. Of course, in another 2,000 years, we may have destroyed the world.  Nothing to come back to. That’s the pessimistic view.  I prefer siding with the optimists. Maybe we’ll have colonized Mars. And the moon.  Able to make weekend trips around Jupiter and back. Traveling at a quarter the speed of light. And we’ll have discovered life in other solar systems. Just the thought of it. Makes me wish that life is a dream. Making all things possible.  –Jim Broede

No comments: