Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How to end a boring life.

I live an interesting life. Or so I think. Therefore, it really must be interesting. At least to me. And that’s what counts. If my life bores other people, that’s all right. Because I’m not bored. As for other people’s lives. I’m interested. Even in the boring ones.  Because I like to study boredom. Gives me something to do. I’m curious. About why people get bored. I suspect they don’t have to be. Maybe they lack initiative. To arouse themselves. Out of a stupor. Maybe I can do something about it. By stirring their imaginations. By lighting a fire. Doesn’t hurt to try. I had some boring teachers. But they taught me stuff. Without even trying. Because I found ways to imagine the teachers’ potential. If he/she merely fell in love. With life. With anything. That’s all it takes to end a life of boredom. Love. Love. And more love. I’m in love. Like I say, I live an interesting life. –Jim Broede

No comments: