Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How about it, Mr. Creator?

My perspective on life keeps evolving. Changes from day to day. Maybe in minor ways. But over a lifetime, in big ways. Significant ways. That’s the blessing of living a long life. Give me 1,000 years, and I would no longer recognize myself. I’d be something dramatically different. Hopefully, a much better human being. I need time. Because I’m a slow bloomer. Getting things right doesn’t come easy. Takes lots of experimenting. And learning experiences. From multiple mistakes. Might think at a given moment I’ve got it right, only to discover in the next moment that it was wrong. But hey, no reason to give up. Seems to me that the creator gave himself forever to get it right. So why not me? I want just as many rights as the creator. Maybe the creator doesn’t want to give me equal status. Maybe that’s what I’ve gotta learn to accept. That is, as long as the creator gives me forever to learn acceptance. That wouldn’t be a bad compromise. How about it, Mr. Creator? –Jim Broede

No comments: