Sunday, February 24, 2013

My own story. My own life.

I take life seriously. By not always taking life seriously. That’s important. Don’t overdramatize life. Learn to take it as it comes. And laugh. Heartily. Because there is much absurdity in life. Funny stuff. Even in tragic events. I see how lives unfold. Real stuff. Much stranger than fiction. Maybe that’s why life is like living in a storybook. In a novel. I’m one of the characters. The main character, as far as I’m concerned. Because I’m living inside myself. I try to get into the other characters, too. By delving. Psychoanalytically. That’s fun. And funny, too. Of course, I psychoanalyze myself. In mostly nice ways. But I occasionally love to be a villain. Full of intrigue. That adds to story plots. The nicest thing of all, I can mold my character. I strive  to be a romantic idealist, a spiritual free thinker, a political liberal, a lover and a dreamer. And by golly, that’s what I’ve become. Helps to be the author of my own story. My own life. –Jim Broede

No comments: