Thursday, May 16, 2013

Politics ain't a fair game.

Nothing wrong with singling out Tea Party and other politically conservative organizations for special scrutiny. I’d certainly do it. If I were head of the Internal Revenue Service. Because I suspect them of cheating. Of trying to evade taxes. I’d do the same with big corporations, too. Suspected tax evaders of every ilk. Because they are enemies of the common good. Cheating for the sake of cheating. Of course, I’d have to prove it. And if they thought I was treating them unfairly – well, take me to court. I’d not let them get away with portraying themselves as nonpolitical. When actually they are as political as political can get. It’s a travesty for conservatives, or anyone for that matter, to seek tax-exempt status as social organizations. When it’s all a ruse. But that’s the nature of politics. Get away with any and everything. And when you are caught, pretend that you are being unjustly persecuted.   Thing is, politics ain’t a fair game. It’s partisan. It’s vicious. It’s immoral. –Jim Broede

No comments: