Friday, June 21, 2013

A wise and happy spirit.

People tell me, do this, do that. Doesn’t bother me. Because I generally follow my own inclinations. Doing as I please. And I do my share of telling, too. Offering advice. That’s my specialty.  The way I was raised. My mother always had ample advice. For me. For everyone. Dad wasn’t around that much. Don’t remember if I ever really got tutored by him. Though I learned stuff. On my own. He was an habitual gambler.  Got into big debts.  And big trouble. From gambling.  Eventually committed suicide. Maybe dad was teaching me. By example. To not gamble. To not kill myself. Better to enjoy and savor life. I’ve already lived twice as long as dad. And I have a desire to live forever. Maybe not physically. But spiritually.  Could be dad is doing that now.  Living. In the spiritual realm. Which means he’s probably a wise and happy spirit. –Jim Broede

No comments: