Thursday, June 20, 2013

Honoring the snails of the world.

I’m on a mission. To slow down the people around me. Mostly, my friends. And especially my Italian true love. People tend to live at too fast a pace. Maybe because they try to do too much. They spread themselves thin. I try to live slowly. Taking my good-nature time. Savoring life. Everything. The big things. The little things. Seeking to make time pass slowly. To almost stop. More and more, I refuse to allow others to dictate the pace of my life. Of course, I probably shouldn’t dictate to others. But still, I do. Because I have a dictatorial gene. Can’t help it. The world moves too fast. But I deal with it. By retreating. Into solitude. Where life proceeds tranquilly. My respite time. I emerge from my haven/cocoon. To pursue my mission. Honoring the snails of the world. –Jim Broede

No comments: