Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The most moral option.

Doesn’t seem right. The conservatives on the U.S. Supreme Court foisting their political beliefs into their judicial decisions.  Maybe that makes me a hypocrite. If I were on the court, my impulse might well be to advocate liberal interpretations on judicial matters. I confess. Too often my tendency is to be more subjective than objective. Especially when it comes to ordinary, everyday matters. Can’t you tell? Just by reading my blog. Subjectivity abounds.  Which I deem as okay. Because I’m not in a position of power. But let’s pretend.  I’m a member of the mighty powerful Supreme Court.  Should I make a genuine effort to be objective/fair/unbiased? Leaving politics out of the equation. Yes, no doubt about it, that would be the best and most moral and prudent option. –Jim Broede

No comments: