Monday, July 1, 2013

A true blue whistle-blowing patriot.

 If I were in Edward Snowden’s shoes, I’d happily seek and accept political asylum in Russia. From where I would publicly defend myself. As a patriotic American. For revealing that my government was secretly spying on its citizens. And on countries all over the world. Including America’s friends/allies. Yes, spying. Through surveillance programs.  Some of which may be illegal.  And immoral, too. Little wonder that I need political asylum. The American government (the Obama administration) accuses me of espionage and wants to put me in prison. Apparently for a long, long time. Mostly for political reasons. Of course, I could return to the U.S., and defend myself and seek acquittal. But I also know that the American judicial system can be rigged against me. All the more reason to seek political asylum. I'm also aware that conservatives/Republicans would do me no favors. They’ve accused me of being a traitor. Which is absurd. Because I’m a true blue whistle-blowing patriot. –Jim Broede

No comments: