Monday, July 1, 2013

My wish: A real life love story.

I suspect something. About my friend Julie. That in the past five years, her mother was more important than her husband. Yes, that she was more devoted to mother than to husband. Of course, I could be wrong. It’s all speculation. Observations. From the sidelines.  But I wouldn’t hesitate telling Julie that. And even writing about it. In my blog. I do that because Julie is a true friend. I tell my friends the truth. As I perceive it. Hard truths. Blunt truths. Yes, maybe I should stay silent. Keep more stuff to myself. But I don’t. I follow my instincts. And go with the natural flow. Speaking my mind. And my heart. Anyway, Julie’s mother died this past weekend. After a long bout with dementia. Probably Alzheimer’s. Personally, I think of the death as a blessing. Especially if it opens the door for Julie to become more focused on her husband. On her marriage. I can think of 101 reasons why Julie and her mate should be one of the happiest couples in the world. They are really made for each other. They should spend the rest of their lives as lovers. True lovers. Devoted. Focused on each other. That’s my wish. Nothing better than a real life love story. –Jim Broede

No comments: