Monday, July 1, 2013

Pure joy. Pure beauty. Pure delight.

Indeed, it’s another sign that I’m blessed. Stumbling across little things. That enhance my pleasure. Last week. At my favorite book store. I found a 10-CD set of Haydn trios. Chamber music. A piano. A violin. A cello. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful chamber music. On clearance. Cost only $15. I’ve been listening to each CD. Over and over and over. Enthralled. Hard for me to decide whether Mozart or Haydn ranks as my favorite composer. For the moment, I’m siding with Haydn. Especially his trios. And string quartets.   Oh, the benefits of living in the modern technological age. Music. So easily accessible. If I had lived in Haydn’s age, I’d hear this music only live. On rare occasion. If ever. Now I can listen round the clock. Pure joy. Pure beauty. Pure delight. –Jim Broede

No comments: