Sunday, July 7, 2013

Compromise needn't be a dirty word.

Opposition political parties don’t know how to work with each other. Instead, they do everything possible to make each other fail. That’s the aim. Failure. Rather than success. That applies all over the world. In virtually every country. Little wonder that the world is in a mess. Politically. Economically. Socially.  Everything could be better. Far better. If only we tried to solve our problems. Together. Cooperatively. With some degree of good will. But it won’t happen. Because we always try to make the other guy fail. That’s how we measure success. By wishing for failure. Doesn’t make sense. But that’s our political nature. The way we operate. It’s been that way forever. Yes, I’m aware that I don’t always set the best example. Don’t get along with many of my fellow human beings. But often, I try. I make the effort. To create situations that allow both of us to win. Compromise needn't be a dirty word. –Jim Broede

No comments: