Thursday, July 18, 2013

Getting on with lovely/idyllic life.

Thing that worries me. Republicans ain’t doing too bad. When it comes to getting elected. They have the majority in the House of Representatives. And polls show that maybe they will gain a slim majority in the U.S. Senate in 2014. I find this hard to fathom.  Makes me conclude that in America we have a basically stupid electorate. People that vote against their best interests. Liberals claim that the Republicans are shrewd. That they know how to gerrymander districts. So that they can win elections. Without a national majority.  That they enact clever laws that keep non-Republicans away from the polls.  I don’t know. I remain mystified. I know Republicans that really shouldn’t be Republicans. Even my sister. And my daughter. I hate to call them stupid. But then again, stupid is stupid is stupid. Maybe I’m just as stupid as any of ‘em. If not more so. But please give me credit. I live almost half of the year outside of America. In Italy. Gives me the opportunity to ignore American politics. For a while. Maybe I’d be a wise man by learning to ignore politics, period. Totally. And getting on with the rest of my lovely and idyllic life. –Jim Broede

No comments: