Thursday, July 11, 2013

I am touched. By a spirit.

I don’t celebrate the dead. Instead, I celebrate the living. Spirits. Seems to me that people who have died often are still alive. In spiritual form. And we connect. Especially goes for people I love. Only a handful. Not all that many. But all I need are two or three or four true spirits in my life. Maybe one will suffice. A true love. Give me quality over quantity. Could be that I am surrounded by hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of spirits. An infinite number. The spirits of everyone who once lived in a physical life.  Far too many spirits to really know. Other than for a select few. Where there’s a true spiritual connection. Maybe with something spiritual they left behind.  Such as music. Mozart does that for me. I’m touched by a particular piece of music. It speaks to me in a penetrating and spiritual way. Deeply. Moves my soul. My spirit. I believe in the  communion of spirits. That’s what I want to be some day. A real spirit. No longer linked to my physical being. That will be cause for celebration. That’s why when someone dear to me dies. I don’t lament. I feel the pulse of joy.  I am touched. By a spirit. –Jim Broede

No comments: