Thursday, July 11, 2013

My yearning to be a free spirit.

Some day, I’ll live outside of time. As a non-physical spirit. Full of abstract thought. Here’s my supposition. At the moment of death, time stops. Because one departs the physical world.  And immediately enters the spiritual world. Outside of time. One has to be physical to experience the passage of time.  I imagine it’s uncanny pleasure to exist outside of time. While living in the physical domain/realm, I can sense in vague ways the spiritual world and the spirits living inside it. But I can’t fully comprehend/grasp what life is like there. For me to do that, I must be a full-fledged free and loose spirit. Without any physical restraints. That’s the main benefit of being pure spirit. No longer being  anchored to a body. From the perspective of an embodied spirit, the body must feel like a prison. From which a spirit yearns for release/escape some day. Not a bad thought. My yearning to be a totally free spirit. –Jim Broede

No comments: