Sunday, July 7, 2013

No more flagellating.

I wonder why some people flagellate themselves. Especially self-professed, diehard Christians. It’s as if they want to nail themselves to the symbolic cross. To be more like their hero Jesus. To me, that seems like a sick mind. I suspect that Jesus didn’t go willingly to the cross. That’s a horrible way to live and die. Instead, one must learn to be nice to one’s self. Stop the flagellating. Fall in love. With life. Maybe Jesus went to the cross because he wasn’t in love any more. With life. With anything. So he decided to go to the other side. It was his form of suicide. Oh, I know that to devout Christians that sounds like blasphemy. Heresy. But I suspect that upon reflection, Jesus is convinced that he made the right decision. Suicide. Even though his followers call it something else. If he had to do it all over again, he’d pick the same course. That is, if he hadn’t yet learned how to fall in love. With the physical life. I’m sure he still prefers the spiritual way. Outside of time. With no physical restraints.  No more flagellating. –Jim Broede

No comments: