Sunday, August 11, 2013

Please, give me forever.

I’m being Italianized. Which ain’t a bad fate. Because it’s being done mostly by my Italian true love. She’s staying with me in Minnesota. This summer. And she’s brought along a girlfriend. In need of a buoying of spirits. Because of a setback in her personal life. Believe me, all of our spirits are being cultivated in grand and glorious fashion. At concerts. At plays. At an Irish festival. On St. Croix and Mississippi river cruises. Dining in and out. I’m savoring Italian home cooking daily. Best of all, it’s the Italian camaraderie that keeps me in a blissful state. Knowing full well, too, that I’ll continue to spend fall and winter with my true love. In Sardinia, the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Where one seldom, if ever, experiences freezing temperatures or snow. Beaches also abound. Can’t visit ‘em all in a single lifetime. Funny thing. Years ago, I was being fully Germanized. The result of my highly successful search for my roots. Of course, I spend time in Deutschland, too. With my new-found German relatives. I never dreamed of some day being Italianized. But lovely things keep happening in my life. Offsetting the occasional sad events. Anyway, it’s a beautiful life. Fast-becoming a citizen of the world. I'll keep exploring. All of creation. Means I need nothing less than forever. –Jim Broede

No comments: