Monday, August 12, 2013

My influential true love.

I let my Italian true love influence me. Especially in matters pertaining to my lake home in Minnesota. Because when she’s here, it’s really our home. And I want her to feel comfortable. She’s encouraged to take charge when it comes to domestic matters. Including the interior decoration. I like her tastes. I tend to live with too much  clutter. But that’s changing. Fast. She’s for a clutter-free environment. And lots of light.  Flowing in from outdoors. She’s a devotee of Frank Lloyd Wright. Maybe my true love didn’t know what she was getting into when moving in with me in the summers. But she could well make a living as an interior decorator. Many, many interesting ideas. Anyway, I spend fall and winter with her in the comfortable environs of Sardinia/Paradise. Where I more or less serve as a de facto househusband. Which I don’t mind. Because she works. As a teacher. And I’m retired.  With ample time to do household chores. Furthermore, I’m a good cook. –Jim Broede

No comments: