Saturday, February 8, 2014

A near-perfect match.

I practice. Not getting too far ahead of myself. Living for today. Not tomorrow. I’d rather be fully into now. Savoring the moment. I’ve been able to do that. More and more. Since I retired 16 years ago. Allows me to be more in control. Of my life. And my activities. I used to write for an employer. Now I write for myself. I’m my own editor. I pretty much do as I please. Which means pleasing myself. Though I do try to please my Italian true love.  And a few friends. But they all know I’m very independent. And I like independent people. My true love is almost as independent as me. Little wonder, there’s a mutual attraction. Because we are respectful and encouraging of each other’s independence. We are  different in many ways, too. But that’s no problem. Turns out that makes us more balanced. A near-perfect match. One thing we have in common. We take life one day at a time. And make the most of it. –Jim Broede

No comments: